Become a Mentor
Becoming a mentor may take a little effort, but being a mentor is easy! Our team will help you through the process and assist in matching you with a child that shares your interests. These are the steps to becoming a hero:
- Complete an application including an authorization for background and police checks.
- Learn the specifics of the program you are interested in during our 30 minute screening interview.
- Provide information about your availability and interests during our 45 minute home visit.*
- Discuss profiles of children our program managers think would be a good match for you.
- Meet your new Young Friend during our match meeting, and begin your journey together. Hero status confirmed!
*A home visit is not required for Lunch and After School Mentoring.
Contact us with any questions.
Volunteer and Sponsor
Throughout the year, we could use volunteer help for a variety of fun and fulfilling activities and events. The best way to keep informed about our volunteer opportunities is to join our mailing list here. We can’t wait to meet you!
Consider sponsoring an event or activity for our families and children. Any individual, business, church or community group can help underwrite an activity for our mentor matches or children waiting for a Best Friend mentor. It’s a terrific way for businesses to volunteer as a group. Contact us to talk about partnership opportunities.